The Gatwick Animal Reception Centre is approved to accept pet birds. For entry into the UK your bird must conform to the following regulations;
1. The owner must travel on the same flight.
2. The owner must be in possession of a Pet Bird Import Licence.
3. Be fitted with an identity ring.
4. Comply with one of the following:
- Has undergone 30 days pre-movement isolation under official supervision.
- Has been vaccinated and at least on one occasion be re-vaccinated within 6 months and not later than 60 days prior to travel against avian influenza using an H5 vaccine (which is not a live vaccine and which is approved for the birds species concerned).
- Has been isolated for 10 days prior to dispatch and subjected to an approved test for the detection of avian influenza H5N1 antigen or genome, not earlier than on the third day of isolation (this is not a blood test, it is usually done by taking a swab).
5. Has a valid Laboratory Report showing that the bird tested negative for avian influenza.
6. Has an endorsed Annex II EU health certificate in accordance with Commission Decision 2007/25/EC, and completed in English.
7. Where applicable, is in possession of an import CITES permit.
8. Has travelled as manifested air cargo.
For more information on this service please contact us.